Highly Recommended

Thursday 16 February 2017

Proposal of Barrackpur Metro ( Kolkata Metro Line 5)

In 2010 , the Dum Dum - Baranagar - Barrackpur Metro extension was approved . The then Rail Minister Mamata Bannerjee approved it , stating that the Northern Outskirts of Barrackpur will get a metro by 2014 .

As per plan ,the line was to pass along the B.T. Road . Unfortunately , the project didn't survive . The Kolkata Municipal Corporation went against the project , as the foundations of the Metro Pillars will affect the underground Tala - Palta water pipeline . Since then , the project has not progressed a bit .

Kolkata Metro came up with an idea of realigning the route from B.T . Road to Kalyani Expressway . This route is unlikely to be constructed as it doesn't pass through any densely populated area . Most of it is rural area which is currently unqualified for Metro Construction .

Does this mean that Barrackpur is forever detatched from any Metro Network ? Certainly Not ! I don't know from where Adri Roy Chowdhury , one of my source , came up with an idea that I should open a new Section of My Blog , where only proposals of new Metro Extensions (in .pdf file ) will be posted . I immediately agreed .

He has prepared some notes , stating the possible future extensions of Kolkata Metro . Following is the mini Detailed Project Report ( or D.P.R ) of Barrackpur Metro . Check this out



Hope You Like The DPR . Please encourage us by commenting below . 

You can also email me new DPRs like this to be published . Just write your name in the background of every page ( as Adri wrote in his DPR ) . My Email is given down below .

For More DPRs , view DPR Section .

---- MetroRail Blog



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Are you sure ? Send me your email id . I will email it to you ��

      Delete
    2. Are you sure ? Send me your email id . I will email it to you ��

      Delete
    3. sumanpl.2014@iitkalumni.org

      Delete